Clinical Practice Outreach and Support Service (CPOSS)
Every child has the right to access their community
What is Clinical Practice Outreach and Support Service (CPOSS)?
CPOSS is a support team of therapy professionals partnering with families and the community to meaningfully include children aged 0-8 years who experience developmental delay or disability in everyday life.
Who do we support?
CPOSS supports mainstream services and community activities in the Illawarra/Shoalhaven that are including children aged 0-8 years who experience disability or developmental delay.
What support do we offer?
- Specialised support to families, teachers and other community members so that they can help children participate in mainstream and community settings. These settings may include family, recreation and cultural activities.
- Optimising a child’s learning opportunities in everyday routines.
- Transition support for children about to start preschool and school.
- Support for local Early Childhood Intervention Services that do not have access to therapy services, where a child requires therapy input to establish and monitor individual goals.
- Promoting social links with other parents who have a child with a disability.
- Assisting parents to advocate for their child.
- Providing information or resources on a range of topics to support the family in the everyday.
- Providing regular contact.
- Supporting the wellbeing of the family.
If you would like more information about our CPOSS please contact us on (02)4226-3687.
Lifestart works in partnership with Mission Australia and ADHC and collaboratively with other agencies in the Illawarra/Shoalhaven region.